- by Rebecca Lang
- Jan 16, 2021
Hazelnut Half-moon biscuits
Makes 40 biscuits
- 200g plain flour
- 180g soft butter
- Madi’s tip! Chop butter roughly first so it doesn’t take as long to knead
- 800g Sugar
- 100g Hazelnut meal
- 50g dark chocolate grated
- Pre heat oven to 160C
- Place flour in a pile on the bench, add all other ingredients on top of flour and knead into dough.
- Madi’s tip! Put some extra flour on the side to use if dough gets too sticky when kneading dough.
- With the ball of dough, wrap in cling wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour (60 mins)
- Prepare tray with baking paper
- By hand, roll dough into thin long sausages (about 1cm thick)
- Madi’s Tip! Only roll a handful of dough at a time and keep the rest in the fridge otherwise the dough can get dry and crumbly. Work quickly with the dough.
- Cut the long sausage of dough into 7cm pieces.
- Curve each finger into a half moon shape
- Get the next handful of dough from the fridge and repeat the process.
- Turn oven down to 150C and bake bicuits for 20 mins
- Once done let them cool down completely before sprinkling with icing sugar.
To Store biscuits: Madi says its best to store in a tin with paper